Welcome to Quiet Island Writings! Sometimes when asking for help on our journey, we are sent inspiring messages. Be open to the universal energy that flows compassionately around us all. If you'd like to share your reflections on the writings, click on the daily post title and leave your thoughts. Have an inspiring day!

Saturday, March 3, 2012

Being Open To A Lifetime Of Learning

It's amazing how many things there are in life that we still don't know much about. It's seems that no matter how old we get, there is always something new to learn every day. Although for some of us, it may be too difficult to step outside of our comfort zones, so we make up for our discomfort by becoming more knowledgeable about things that we're already familiar with. It's sometimes overwhelming thinking of all the things in life that is waiting to be discovered. Think of how our life could be if we opened ourselves to the possibilities. Know that in our own way, we are all life long students, where every day is a new learning experience. Today, be the inquisitive student you long to be. Explore new worlds and discover the joy that you are searching for. When you open your heart to the unknown, you may find what you didn't know you were looking for.
Sometimes you have to ask "What is it?"...

(Today, I went to get my muffler fixed, but I found out it's connected to an exhaust system. The mechanic showed me what the car looks like underneath. Who would have guessed all the things that are under a car. Well it wasn't my muffler, but a part that was connected to another part. That's when it dawned on me that I know what I know and what I don't know, well there is alot of that. I'm just happy that the guy knew alot about exhaust systems.)

No comments: