Welcome to Quiet Island Writings! Sometimes when asking for help on our journey, we are sent inspiring messages. Be open to the universal energy that flows compassionately around us all. If you'd like to share your reflections on the writings, click on the daily post title and leave your thoughts. Have an inspiring day!

Saturday, March 10, 2012

FindingThe Time

There are times in life, when we stop moving forward on our path. Although we have the best intentions to make every moment count, sometimes it just doesn't work out the way we want it to be. It's challenging to live a life of compassion, when our life feels like it's not ours. It's easy to lose track of where we are going when our minds are busy focusing on something else. That's why it's so important to find the time to quiet ourselves, for it is in the stillness that we are able to be at peace. Listening to our inner spirit is much easier when we're not multi-tasking. Today, take a look at how busy your life is. Are you living a life that brings you joy or are you just living to survive? Take the time to think about how life could be, if you lived a life doing what your heart desires.

When the food court gets really busy, do you notice how we seem to buy things we don't really want...

(I find myself getting frustrated when I lose focus on living the life I have committed to. It's so easy to forget when I get too busy. I'm not sure if I truly forget, I think it's more of getting better at integrating who I am with who I'd like to become. It's not easy living a life of compassion 24/7.)
 

No comments: