Welcome to Quiet Island Writings! Sometimes when asking for help on our journey, we are sent inspiring messages. Be open to the universal energy that flows compassionately around us all. If you'd like to share your reflections on the writings, click on the daily post title and leave your thoughts. Have an inspiring day!

Friday, March 2, 2012

The Struggle To Be Who We Are

Sometimes it's not easy being true to ourselves. There are challenges that we face that make it difficult for us to be comfortable in expressing who we are and how we feel. We often times conform to the wishes of others because we're not confident with who we are and may think that it's easier to follow the lead of others. But it is during this time of indecisiveness that we are the most vulnerable. As difficult as it is, we need to be brave and still, so we can not only hear our inner spirit but listen to the words of wisdom it shares with us. Deep in our hearts, we know the actions we are taking are compromising who we are and there will be consequences later on for the decisions we are making now. It is time to gather courage to get off the destructive path we have settled for and choose to live a life being true to who we are. Today, listen to your own voice. You are unique and deserve to live a life that you were meant to lead. Stop being a slave to society, friends and family, for there is a light within you that wants to shine.

If you know what you want, why let someone else decide what to buy..

(Sometimes because it's easier, I too let others make decisions for me. Usually it's a decision that I don't care what the outcome is or I'm not feeling well to think clearly. But now that I've written this blog, I realize that every decision I make is important for it reflects who I am. My presence is important as well as what I have to say. I just need to remember this.)

No comments: