Welcome to Quiet Island Writings! Sometimes when asking for help on our journey, we are sent inspiring messages. Be open to the universal energy that flows compassionately around us all. If you'd like to share your reflections on the writings, click on the daily post title and leave your thoughts. Have an inspiring day!

Monday, March 12, 2012

Taking A Stand

One of the most unpopular thing to do is to take a stand on a subject that everyone is against or doesn't care about. There may be only a few things in life that we truly believe in so strongly, that we feel the need to do something. But how many of us have the courage to actually take a stand and to take action. It's easy when we are quietly meditating to reflect upon what kind of person we are striving to be. It's very comforting to know that we have grown spiritually in our understanding of the universal energy. But after we leave the safety of our sanctuary, can we implement what we strive to be or is everything just theory. Every day, the universe is testing us on how much we have learned. Today, continue reflecting upon who you are and what kind of person you are striving to be. Choose an action word for the day, such as compassion, respect, forgiveness, or humility. See if you can put this word into action. Know that you have to walk the talk in order to have true understanding of who you are as a spiritual evolving being.  
 Our face reflects who we are...

(I am not very good at reading people. I wish I was better at it, so I wouldn't be so surprised when I find how inaccurate I was. Now that I think about it, I guess it's really about me. I am basing my assumptions on physical appearance when I should be trusting my instincts. I guess I need to work on this more.)

No comments: