Welcome to Quiet Island Writings! Sometimes when asking for help on our journey, we are sent inspiring messages. Be open to the universal energy that flows compassionately around us all. If you'd like to share your reflections on the writings, click on the daily post title and leave your thoughts. Have an inspiring day!

Thursday, March 15, 2012

Letting Time Stand Still

Have you ever got the feeling that you've forgotten something and can't remember what it was? No matter how much we try to gather our thoughts, that information seems as though it's lost forever. In fact, it's like it was never there. Sometimes when we move to quickly in life, our mind can't grasp everything because we are moving a mile a minute. We've learned to multi task, although some of us don't do this as well as others. So what is the point of doing so much in what little time that we have, if we can't retain the joy of the present because we've already moved on. If we could let time stand still, embrace where we are at, release the stress of planning what we need to do next, we may be able to find a moment of peace. Today, find your solace by letting time stand still. For just a few minutes, stop and appreciate what is going on around you. Open your spirit to what you are experiencing and learn to see what you have been missing by rushing around. There are so many opportunities that await you, if you take the time to be still.

I think I'll just sit for awhile in the sun and watch the world go by...

(I often times have to remind myself to slow down, but it's challenging when my life includes not only myself but my family. I have been told that it's simply a matter of priorities. I think the person who told me that was single without kids. I guess it's about identifying what is the priority at the moment. Don't get me wrong, I still have time for deserts. Now that's always a priority.) 

No comments: