Welcome to Quiet Island Writings! Sometimes when asking for help on our journey, we are sent inspiring messages. Be open to the universal energy that flows compassionately around us all. If you'd like to share your reflections on the writings, click on the daily post title and leave your thoughts. Have an inspiring day!

Monday, March 26, 2012

Taking The Day Off

Although we may have good intentions to live a compassionate life, it sometimes gets overwhelming to be who we were meant to be. In theory, everything seems to make sense, but when we begin to apply what we've learned, that's when the difficulty begins. Developing new habits can be tiring because we are overriding our natural instincts to protect ourselves from what we fear. Every once and awhile, we need to take a day off to rest and take care of ourselves. It's when we are at peace with ourselves can we better understand the bigger picture. Today, take a break. Relax your mind and do something that makes you happy. When there is joy in your life, the universe flows freely through you. Tomorrow will come no matter what you do today.
   Let's just play today...

(I'm feeling a little tired, so everything I do seems a little more challenging. It's hard to think of caring for others when we're not feeling well. But then I remind myself that if one of my children needed me, I would be right there. So in that sense, even if I'm tired I am still able to care for others.)

No comments: