Welcome to Quiet Island Writings! Sometimes when asking for help on our journey, we are sent inspiring messages. Be open to the universal energy that flows compassionately around us all. If you'd like to share your reflections on the writings, click on the daily post title and leave your thoughts. Have an inspiring day!

Monday, October 7, 2013

Trading Places

It's not that you are envious of others, but there are times when you question how different your life would be if you were someone else. When you look upon others and see them to be happy, is it that you'd like to be them or want to discover their secret to happiness. You'll soon discover that it's not that their lives are any better than yours, but they acknowledge where they are and make the best of it. Instead of looking at their situation as the universe getting back at them, they understand that life is full of surprises. How you approach life is up to you? Although everyone is unique, you all get your fair share of struggles and special moments. You may not see the struggles of others,but they exist. So instead of comparing yourself to others and feeling that you've been short changed. Know that life can be as fortunate as you want it to be, if you believe that you are where you're supposed to be. 
Not everyone's taste is the same...

(I would be the first to say that I wasn't envious of others, but then some people do look like they are more fortunate. But I guess it's what I would consider to be fortunate. If I feel that I lack money, than those with more money would be lucky. If I lacked friends and family, than I would be wanting that. I think it's human nature that we want things we don't have. But how does that fit into my life? I have everything that I need, for I believe that the universe provides.)

No comments: