Welcome to Quiet Island Writings! Sometimes when asking for help on our journey, we are sent inspiring messages. Be open to the universal energy that flows compassionately around us all. If you'd like to share your reflections on the writings, click on the daily post title and leave your thoughts. Have an inspiring day!

Wednesday, October 2, 2013

Taking Time For Yourself

Sometimes life gets so busy that you forget you need down to rejuvenate your body, mind, and spirit. You're moving so fast and your passion has led you this far, but for how long and at what cost. When you stop for just a second, all you can think of is "When can I get back to what I was doing?". You're not taking care of yourself because it's hasn't been a priority for awhile. It's not that you don't know what your priorities are, but they have taken a back seat to your work. Well, it's time to re-evaluate where you are and what you're doing before you burn yourself out. Whether you take a moment to take care of yourself, things will still get done. Maybe by taking a step back, you'll see your projects with a new perspective. Getting to know yourself better is what your journey is all about. Leave the worrying for tomorrow because we promise you, when you return they will still be in the same place where you left them.
When you move to quickly, you may miss the little miracles in life...

(Being in Seattle was not in my plans. But now that I'm here, I continue to believe that I am always where I need to be. It's been a very reflective journey. This unexpected gift was something that my spirit truly needed, even if I had no clue.  R, S, R, and Q - Thank you from the bottom of my heart for listening to your hearts on what to get me this year. I know it made a dent in your budgets, but you are all my special angels. Love you all!)

No comments: