Welcome to Quiet Island Writings! Sometimes when asking for help on our journey, we are sent inspiring messages. Be open to the universal energy that flows compassionately around us all. If you'd like to share your reflections on the writings, click on the daily post title and leave your thoughts. Have an inspiring day!

Saturday, October 26, 2013

Life Can Be As Simple As You Want It To Be

Just for today, leave your worries and fears behind and do something that makes you smile. Life can be as simple as you want it to be if you let it. You get caught up with all of the "have to" that you don't leave enough room for doing what brings you joy. Sometimes having no plans is a plan in itself. Give yourself permission to walk in the rain without an umbrella, eat desert before dinner, watch a movie in the middle of the week. Thinking too much only weighs your mind with needless worry. You'll find when you leave yourself room to smile, laugh and love, life is yours to do as you please.
Don't wait for someone to buy you flowers...

(I too get caught up with the seriousness of life. I find that I have to work at finding the time to have fun. Although lately it's becoming easier for me. I keep reminding myself that I can create the life I envision, if I want to.)

No comments: