Welcome to Quiet Island Writings! Sometimes when asking for help on our journey, we are sent inspiring messages. Be open to the universal energy that flows compassionately around us all. If you'd like to share your reflections on the writings, click on the daily post title and leave your thoughts. Have an inspiring day!

Wednesday, February 29, 2012

Hearing Our Own Voice

We often times feel that there is a need to speak loudly so others can hear what we have to say. In a world filled with millions of people, how else can we be heard unless we shout. We learn to be assertive so our voice won't get lost in the growing crowd. In our struggle to be heard, we may lose some of the purpose of what we want to say. If we stop for a moment and be still, it may come to us how we've let our need to be heard take over who we are. It's more important that we hear our own voices and the message we are trying to convey. If our message is sent with true intentions, we don't have to shout for others will hear it loud and clear. Today, believe in yourself. Think carefully when you speak, for your words have power to change the way things are. Know that you can speak softly and you will still be heard over the shouting of others.
How can we be heard if we don't yell...

(Sometimes I get caught up in the moment where I just want my voice to be heard. I don't have anything all that important to say but I want to be part of the discussion. I guess that's when I should be quiet and listen. I need to improve on that.)

No comments: