Welcome to Quiet Island Writings! Sometimes when asking for help on our journey, we are sent inspiring messages. Be open to the universal energy that flows compassionately around us all. If you'd like to share your reflections on the writings, click on the daily post title and leave your thoughts. Have an inspiring day!

Saturday, February 18, 2012

Apologizing Without Regrets

For some of us, saying "I'm sorry" may be one of the most difficult things to do. The fear of losing control may keep us from seeing our mistakes for what they are...a learning experience. To have others think less of us is painful and we work hard to keep others at a distance so there is no possibility that we will be rejected. In fact, being vulnerable is a very uncomfortable place for us to be. But it is our path in life to experience all emotions, including learning to trust and have faith that you deserve to be loved and supported. Know that by saying "I'm sorry" is the one of the first steps of opening ourselves to be accepted as we truly are. Today, see yourself as others see you and appreciate all that you are. Live life with good intentions and know that it's okay to make mistakes. You will still be loved.
Maybe if I wear the right glasses, I'll be able to see more clearly...

(I understand that it's hard for people to say, "I'm sorry", but when I hear it I feel as if they have not only gotten over their fear of being rejected but they have open their hearts to trust that I won't hurt them. What a beautiful thing when that happens. Yeah, finally!!!)

No comments: