Welcome to Quiet Island Writings! Sometimes when asking for help on our journey, we are sent inspiring messages. Be open to the universal energy that flows compassionately around us all. If you'd like to share your reflections on the writings, click on the daily post title and leave your thoughts. Have an inspiring day!

Saturday, December 28, 2013

Accepting What Life Brings To You

It's difficult to explain how different life can be when the universe turns your life upside down. You can't understand what you've never experienced until you're actually going through it. You have been working on being compassionate to others and being empathetic to their plight, but hearing what others are going through and actually having it happen to you are two separate things. There are times in life when the unexpected comes so suddenly that you need to sink or swim, however frantically. But surviving is the key. Priorities change just as quickly, what was is no longer. It's by living through adversity do you discover how valuable life is. What is compassion or empathy but truly accepting others for who they are and the challenges they are going through. Your purpose in life is to help others in time of need. It is not up to you to decide when, leave that up to the universe. Be the support that you would like to have in time of need.
Peace and Serenity

(My father is home from the hospital and I'm helping him recuperate. Being a caregiver for an elderly person is so different than caring for a child. I never realized how much lack of sleep can do to my mind and body. I felt like I was barely surviving. But through this experience, I realized what a wonderful opportunity I have to care for my father. He's a quiet man so I'm not learning anything new from him, but being able to help him is a gift that I can give to him. Now that I've gotten into a routine, I can blog again. I'm just grateful that I have this time with my father.)

No comments: