Welcome to Quiet Island Writings! Sometimes when asking for help on our journey, we are sent inspiring messages. Be open to the universal energy that flows compassionately around us all. If you'd like to share your reflections on the writings, click on the daily post title and leave your thoughts. Have an inspiring day!

Sunday, September 29, 2013

Knowing Who You Are

How many times do you question what you believe in?  Everyday your beliefs are challenged by others. How much confidence do you have to stand up to what you believe is true? At one point, even you begin question yourself. It's frustrating being put in this situation and you may even get upset with the other person, but who is truly at fault.  If we are all unique, then what the other person believes in is just as true. So what are you willing to compromise to keep the peace and what will you stand strong on? We know that you want to be true to yourself, but if you do compromise make sure you're not giving away your dreams and part of the spirit that lives within you. Knowing who you are is a process. So experience life as it comes, but be at peace with the decisions you make.
There is so much beauty in what is true...

(It's funny that I know what I know, but when challenged I sometimes fold. I still believe in what I do, but I don't feel comfortable with the fight that comes in defending myself. I wish some people can just live with the fact that we are all different. No matter what they say, I believe what I believe in. Does this make me a better person. No, but at least I'm at peace with who I am.)

No comments: