Welcome to Quiet Island Writings! Sometimes when asking for help on our journey, we are sent inspiring messages. Be open to the universal energy that flows compassionately around us all. If you'd like to share your reflections on the writings, click on the daily post title and leave your thoughts. Have an inspiring day!

Sunday, January 15, 2012

Changing Patterns

Creating patterns come naturally for us because they keep us safe. If our world kept changing, it would make life too chaotic and unpredictable. We trust that the life we created will protect us from harm. But happens when the patterns we've depended on no longer fit who we are at this moment? What worked for us twenty years ago may not apply anymore. Have we been preventing ourselves from experiencing life and seeing the opportunities that have come our way? Know that if we focus on our heart's desire and how to attain it, our patterns will begin to slowly shift. Today, reflect on your patterns. Are they working for you? Think about your daily rituals and the habits that you hold close to your heart. Are they helping you to achieve what you want or are they holding you back? Question what you believe to be true. Know that the truth depends on the questions you are asking.

 There is beauty in patterns if we look hard enough...

(I find that I really have to work at finding peace when my patterns are disrupted. I think that's the purpose of having family. They help me to remember that I am imperfect and am loved no matter how much I bother them. S, B, Q, and R - you make my patterns seem silly. Having you in my life, brings me a sense of balance and grounding. Thank You!

No comments: