Welcome to Quiet Island Writings! Sometimes when asking for help on our journey, we are sent inspiring messages. Be open to the universal energy that flows compassionately around us all. If you'd like to share your reflections on the writings, click on the daily post title and leave your thoughts. Have an inspiring day!

Wednesday, June 11, 2014

Standing Up For What You Believe In

It's so easy to stand on the sidelines watching the world go by, not sure when to step in and join the crowd. Your voice is silent for now. But what if, just what if what you have to say is so important that you are beginning to question yourself. Will others listen and hear you? Does it matter so much to you what others think or is it time to step out of the crowd and begin to live the life you were meant to lead? Standing up for what you believe in won't be easy, but it'll be more difficult to stay hidden among the crowd. You are here for a purpose, it's time to find out what it is.
Let the waves carry your worries out to sea...

Today, I found my voice. Although it was to protect a mother hen and her chicks from being harmed, I felt I had to do something. It wasn't until someone told me that they were feral chickens and I shouldn't have cared that I felt justified in what I did. When does a person stand up for what they believe in? I'm not sure, but I know the hen and her chicks were happy that I did.

No comments: