Welcome to Quiet Island Writings! Sometimes when asking for help on our journey, we are sent inspiring messages. Be open to the universal energy that flows compassionately around us all. If you'd like to share your reflections on the writings, click on the daily post title and leave your thoughts. Have an inspiring day!

Thursday, February 6, 2014

Accept Me For Who I Am

Accept me for who I am today, not who I was when I was younger or who you expect me to be. For I can only be what my experiences have made me to be. I have tried to live up to other's expectations and found myself lacking. I can never measure up to something that doesn't exist. Nothing will be good enough when I am competing against someone else's vision. If all I can be is myself than that has to be what the universe wants me to be. I may not know what my future will bring, but it will be where I need to be. 
Let's walk for awhile...

(Today I observed people just enjoying being themselves. Not caring whether anyone was looking at them or not. They were just being who they are. I hope to one day live life with the care free attitude. Laughter is so contagious.)

No comments: