Welcome to Quiet Island Writings! Sometimes when asking for help on our journey, we are sent inspiring messages. Be open to the universal energy that flows compassionately around us all. If you'd like to share your reflections on the writings, click on the daily post title and leave your thoughts. Have an inspiring day!

Sunday, July 21, 2013

Silence In A Chaotic World

Sometimes it's best for you to remain silent. To observe what is happening around you before you react. You may not know all that is going on and create an unnecessary storm. You may think that you need to stand up for something that you believe in, but later find that it was more about your ego. Remaining quiet and opening to all that is around you may be better for all than to make decisions based on self pride. Silence quiets the heart and gives you time to listen to your spirit. In the coming days when communication is key, see how silence an work for you.
In the silence, you can hear your spirit...

(I want to say my piece, but I realize that it is useless because the other person isn't going to hear me. At this time, silence is best for all. If I release my pride then I may be able to to understand the importance of just listening. But until then, I will hold on to what I need to say. To have a peaceful life, I need to release my ego.)

No comments: