Welcome to Quiet Island Writings! Sometimes when asking for help on our journey, we are sent inspiring messages. Be open to the universal energy that flows compassionately around us all. If you'd like to share your reflections on the writings, click on the daily post title and leave your thoughts. Have an inspiring day!

Friday, July 12, 2013

Capturing The Moment

There are times when you want to hold on to a moment so tight, so that you squeeze every minute out of it. You want to keep these special moments in your heart forever. But it's not only the good times that make you who you are today. It's the times when you've cried yourself to sleep. It's the times when you thought no one was listening to your prayers. It's the times when you thought you were alone in the world. All of these times are moments that gave you the strength and courage to be who you are. Although you may want to only capture the good times, it's all the moments that the universe has blessed you with that are worth capturing.  The good moments only frame the more challenging times that make up the portrait of your life. Appreciate all that you experience that make you the unique person that you are.
This is where I want to be...
 
(Thinking back on all my moments, good and bad. It's a wonder that I've made it this far. I think with the faith that I hold that I'll be okay and that I have all I need to survive, I will make it through another day.)
 

No comments: