Welcome to Quiet Island Writings! Sometimes when asking for help on our journey, we are sent inspiring messages. Be open to the universal energy that flows compassionately around us all. If you'd like to share your reflections on the writings, click on the daily post title and leave your thoughts. Have an inspiring day!

Tuesday, April 17, 2012

Learning To Release

When asked what is worth holding on to, how would we respond. What do we hold on so tightly for fear of losing what we have? When we think along those lines, we are coming from a place of "self".  If we were to let go of what we hold so dearly and come from the perspective of what do we need to do in order to live a life free from attachment, we may think very differently . We would not have to hold on so tightly to our relationships because we are comforted in knowing that it is not our binding of others that keep them close to us, but it is our love for them that withstands the test of time. The things we love, we can also release for although we appreciate their beauty and how they make us feel, they do not define who we are. It is difficult for some of us to release what we hold so tightly because our fears reinforce our need to bind things to us. Know that when releasing all to the universe, we are freeing ourself of our fears. Today, think about what you would be willing to release. Reflect upon the emotions that come up when facing the decision to letting go. You don't have to take action, but acknowledge how you feel when you are challenged to release what you hold so tightly. Challenge yourself so you can live a more peaceful life.
 When looking in from the outside, everything seems more beautiful...
(Alot of times when I do my writing, I do it through the inspiration that I get with interacting with others or what goes on in my life. So although I write, the messages often challenge even myself. Today's thoughts, on the surface seems doable but I can see the difficulty in implementing it because it's so philosophical. In theory, it sounds reasonable. But in real life, I'm not sure. Here is another thing I need to think about a little more. My list of things to think about is getting longer. I guess that's what life is all about.)

No comments: